The conformation of a cell membrane protein is heavily influenced by integration within membrane lipid bilayers. This presents a challenge during antibody development as peptides or purified membrane proteins outside of their native context are often used as the antigen source.
Antibodies generated against these types of isolated membrane proteins and peptides often do not recognize the target when displayed on the surface of a cell. This limits their use in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics for targeting important classes of molecules, including ion channels, G-protein coupled receptors, receptor tyrosine kinases, integrins, and toll-like receptor proteins.
Develop Antibodies that Recognize the Native Conformation of Cell Membrane Protein Extracellular Domains
AxioMx has overcome this challenge by applying its unique phage display-based antibody development platform to whole cell screening to isolate membrane protein-specific antibodies that recognize the target in its native conformation. Our system, AxioMx MembraneProSelect, enables the rapid development of monoclonal antibodies to the extracellular domains (ECDs) of cell membrane proteins in 6-7 weeks.
AxioMx MembraneProSelect Advantages
- Develop Recombinant Antibodies that Recognize the Extracellular Domains of Cell Membrane Proteins in Their Native Conformations
- No Isolation or Purification of Target Membrane Protein is Required
- Unique Phage Display-Based Membrane Protein Screening Methodology Rapidly Selects and Delivers Quality Recombinant Antibodies in 6-7 Weeks
AxioMx MembraneProSelect Process
Cell Line Passage
- Culture mammalian stable cell line over-expressing target membrane protein (positive cell line)
- QC target expression density
Membrane Biopanning & Candidate Characterization
- Screen a negative cell line subtracted AxioMx phage antibody library against the positive cell line
- Characterize candidate antibodies
- Deliver final recombinant antibody in preferred format